Eat Six for the Creative Blogger Award. Thanks, Nancy!
The rules for accepting the award are this:
1) Thank and post a link of the person who nominated you.
2) Share 5 facts about yourself with your readers.
3) Nominate up to twenty blogs and notify them.
4) Pass on the rules.
Nancy and I first connected over the TV show Castle, then Doctor Who, and finally blogging. Her blog at hungryenoughtoeatsix.com is a very well-organized and thoughtful food blog. (Would it be wrong for me to say that a vast number of food blogs drive me bonkers in their disorganization? Nancy, however, gets.it.right.) I highly recommend a visit. She has currently been working through a list of fruity, beautiful, summery margaritas. Oh, yeah.
Five things I’m sure you couldn’t live without knowing about me:
1) I ruminate about words, the way they sound and the way it feels to say them. I have been known to blurt out, “I’m not sure how I feel about the word…” And then I say it about twenty times in order to fully research my opinion. The latest word was flesh.
2) I like to make, bake, assemble, and experiment with all manner of edibles. My friends and family are the test panel for these experiments. (Lucky them?)
3) I also like to make, (bake?), assemble and experiment with all manner of crafts and visual arts. Mostly I am curious if I can successfully do a thing. I am a problem solver at heart, so a challenge is appreciated. Once my curiosity is satisfied, I rarely visit that medium again. I am an expert in nothing. Except glue. Just ask me about glue.
4) The happiest place my feet can be is in an ice cold mountain stream.
5) When I discover that I have something in common with another human person, my favorite movie line from The Philadelphia Story jumps into my head. (Only rarely will it jump out of my mouth.) You say you, too, enjoy the short stories of Steven Millhauser, using your friends as culinary lab rats, or gluing things to other things? I’m thinking, “C.K. Dexter Haven, you have unsuspected depth!”
The blogs I am nominating for the Creative Blogger award are:
Kelly Pankratz at kellypankratz.com– “The Traveled Path.”
Dawn Penrod at crazymessylove.wordpress.com– “Real Life with a Special Needs Child.”
The group at discoveronething.wordpress.com– “God’s Word. Daily. Together!”
Mel Lancaster at trailtoatexastrial.wordpress.com.